Seven ways a smart phone can make a teacher’s life easier!
- Use your phone to record who did the homework. Don’t collect all that paper if you only have time to verify who completed the assignment. You can easily use the scan to spreadsheet solution- Got the Homework Blues?
- Randomly call on students or choose groups with one of the name generating apps: Randomly, Pick Me!, Decide Now! or Who’s Next? so that you can get them into groups for great interactive activities such as The Great Debate (Socratic Seminars in the Classroom!)
- Present directly from your phone. My classroom computer is really old and really slow. Now that I have Office 365 on up to 5 devices, I can project a PowerPoint presentation directly from my phone. My set up time is now under a minute!
- Get rid of the paper immediately by snapping a digital copy. I know I will lose that late assignment or make-up test. It is safer to get a digital copy and send it to email or to a cloud file! Try to go paperless as I’ve shared in the past here- The Paperless Teachers Desk (It can be done!) Here’s how –
- Your whiteboard is beautiful – now save it for next year! I use Office Lens to send my board work directly to a word document, PDF or PowerPoint slide. (see the Paperless Teachers Desk link above)
- Get a quick assessment before your students leave class. Set up a feedback loop with TodaysMeet, Poll Everywhere or Socrative to reflect on your teaching.
- Transform your phone into a document camera to project student work onto a big screen or Smart Board. You can do this with the Squirrels mirroring software for under $20. Anything on my phone can be projected wirelessly from anywhere in my classroom. Check it out it our here at airsquirrels.com: Mirror Application
Get this FREE Google Classroom theme to spice up your site – see Google Classroom Freebie!