I have been shopping NON stop for family & friends this holiday season, and my family members have started asking me what I want for the holidays? Well, they obviously did not read my post on Gifts for GRAND teachers! 😉 So… I’ve decided to edit my list and add a few goodies that I am craving for my December break! Here’s my gift list:
I love spending my December break curled up with a good book. This season I’ve got a few book ideas on my list:
One day, third-grade teacher Kyle Schwartz asked her students to fill–in–the–blank in this sentence: “I wish my teacher
knew _____.” The results astounded her. Some answers were humorous, others were heartbreaking–all were profoundly moving and enlightening. The results opened her eyes to the need for educators to understand the unique realities their students face in order to create an open, safe and supportive place in the classroom.
“Author Deborah Schoeberlein pioneers the practical application of mindfulness in education.The book follows a teacher from morning to night on a typical school day, at home, during the commute, and before, during, and after class. This book is perfect for teachers of all kinds: schoolteachers, religious educators, coaches, parents-anyone who teaches anything.”
3. The Secret History of Wonderwoman by Jill Lepore. I’m a history teacher. I need to read this book so I can write a lesson on the analysis of superheroes. Looks amazing!
TEACHER THEMED GIFTS
1. Great Teacher Wine Glasses & a nice bottle of wine: These glasses label the pour based on whether the day was a good day, bad day or don’t even ask. Find them here.
2. Adorable Teacher Ornament – here!
3. Cute Sterling Silver “To Teach Is To Touch Lives Forever” Reversible Teacher Apple Pendant Necklace, 18″. Find it Here!
RANDOM THINGS ON MY “IF YOU’RE asking what I want well here it is LIST”
- Amazon Echo Dot. Who has time to put on Pandora or Spotify anymore. I really want this echo dot so I can just say “Alexa put on my Hamilton the Musical Soundtrack”. Its been on sale for $40 totally in the budget!
- COFFEE. As in good coffee. I am a teacher after all. I need to WAKE up in the mornings. And around 3pm… I could use the
- A little music for my morning car ride. How about some
Happy Shopping. Whats on your list?!